Sunday 25 March 2012

my weekend= wings of the morning

I took this photo at my refuge, Newtown, yesterday.  We went there early in the morning to avoid the weekenders and enjoy the peace.  
I've taken to going there on Sunday evening too to see if it will lift my spirits which sink unfailingly at Sunday lunch time when the prospect of dreaded work floods my mind.  
It was another beautiful evening.
But I cried most of the way round the walk, even amid such beauty.  Proper self-pity.
There is a church in the village there and Tony suggested we walked around the graveyeard which was small and filled with primroses.  I saw a holly bush near the path which had an inscribed plaque near it. 
I wish I could say it made me feel better but I did appreciate the beauty and signifcance of the words:
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there thy hand shall lead me
and thy right hand shall hold me.
Tinkety Tonk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about the things I share and I will aim to reply.