Wednesday 28 March 2012

Bullies.

Do you know what? I've had a totally begins with b and end in ollocks day.
My current job is really horrible.  It's hard living through it. 
Yes, I know, I'm not starving, I have a loving family, I have a roof over my head, but that doesn't take away the fact that my job is hideous.
 Yesterday, I found out that one of my favourite students was being severely bullied, that today she was going to visit a new school.  When she returned from her visit she told me herself, through tears (I had to hold back my own), that this would be her last lesson with me.  I set the class an individual task so that I could make her a card (I have them last lesson and she was leaving straight after). 
 I drew a cartoon sketch of her as a princess and inside wrote in it how special she was and how her unfailing smile lightened my days.
The fact that she has specific educational needs and despite being 13 has the mind of a much younger child made her even more individual.   She has an innocence and lack of self-consciousness that is so delighful.
The fact that she will not be coming through my class door and telling me the most outrageous and hilarious (and very likely untrue) stories anymore makes me really sad. 
 She even brought me in a piece of cake on my birthday. 

I saw this written on the door of a student toilet at my school (it wasn't written by her) -  it says everything.  AND puts my moaning into perspective.
Why could someone not have done something for her?
I would if I had known.
 Now, it's too late and I feel useless.
Tinkety Tonk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about the things I share and I will aim to reply.