Sunday 22 April 2012

Flash Fiction Entry - Creative Writing

I enjoy writing, occasionally.
I've even entered two competitions. I wasn't selected for either.
Perhaps I should take the hint.
However, should you give up something you enjoy even if other people don't think you're wonderful? 
NO, damn it!
I've only ever written short stories.  I tend to think in terms of a snapshot of life rather than a chronology.
I especially like flash fiction because it's short and it's about all my butterfly brain can cope with before distraction happens...
I entered my most recent piece in a competition of sorts - to be included in an anthology to celebrate
The only rules were that your piece was between 200-500 words and the title should be one word and reflect the content of the story.
Perhaps, I shouldn't subject you to it here, but I think writing is as creative as working with paper or material and comes as naturally to me as any other medium.
The title of mine was:
 'Frigg'.
(Yes, the connotations were intended.)
Frigg is also the name of Odin's wife and the goddess of married love.
I found this nuggett of information at the wonderful entymological website the Inky Fool.
Although I am unmarried, I wanted to portray a darker side to marriage, in contrast to the romantic ideal.
..................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................
 They don't give you feed back on your submissions.  
Perhaps one of you in the ether might tell me what you think.
Tinkety Tonk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment about the things I share and I will aim to reply.